Chinese visitors to Bali are booming; some of them behaving badly. Bali immigration authorities working with Chinese police have arrested and deported 39 Taiwanese and Mainland Chinese nationals for cyber-crime activities in Bali. Bali’s chief of police issues a warning for local residents to be more aware of possible criminal activity by foreign visitors.
Cases of hemorrhagic fever are expected to peak this month as Bali’s main hospital is experiencing a bed shortage trying to keep up with the large influx of patients.
Stricter control on the sale of beer are scheduled to take effect this week under new rules issued by the Minister of Trade, Meanwhile, beer distributors say 4-5 million bottles in beer sales will be lost due to the new regulation. In an angry exchange with local citizens in Bali last week, the Minister of Trade affirmed the enforcement of the new rules would go ahead as planned.
Once the pride of his home island, Bali-born Jero Wacik is facing multiple corruption charges in connection with his handling of two ministerial portfolios he held under President Yudhoyono.
The Minister of Justice has called for better facilities and more staff at the Airport immigration office.
The Governor has delivered his State of the Economy report to the DPR-Bali, we share the highlights.
In other news: Bali university students have planted trees in Bali’s southern mangrove to raise environmental awareness. Jamie Oliver's Italian Restaurant in Bali names a veteran Bali hotelier as general manager. And, Singapore, in the face of a downturn in arrivals, invests heavily in tourism promotion.
Hotel News: A new hotel project in Canggu is accused of violating zoning laws. Melia Hotels International to add 3 more properties in Bali. Pierre Lang is named as general manager to open the new Alila Seminyak. Asian comfort food of noodles and congee on offer 24 hours a day at the Trans Resort Bali. Bene Italian Kitchen at the Sheraton Bali Resort proclaims “No Phone Fridays” with food discounts of 50% if you’re prepared to leave your phone at the door. Uma Cucina at the Umba by COMO in Ubud now features a Sunday brunch. And we share the mysterious history of room #327 at the Inna Grand Bali Beach in Bali.
Bali Hai Cruises launches Discovery Luncheon Cruises at Nusa Lembongan Island. The Denpasar Tourism Office promotes Denpasar Heritage City Tours. And,, 8 honored for putting Bali first at 2015 Tri Hita Karana Awards.
Join me at Rotary Club Nusa Dua on April 23, 2015 where I will be the lunchtime speaker on why Bali needs a moratorium on new hotels.
- Bali Update Editor to Speak At Rotary Club Nusa Dua on April 23, 2015.
- Conrad Bali Living Lobby Art Exhibition features wayang puppets through June 30, 2015.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Bridges in Ubud to Help Fund Bumi Sehat Natural Birthing Program for Bali’s Women, May 10, 2015.
- Sail the Seven Seas to Komodo for 16 Days, May 12-28, 2015.
- InterContinental Bali Resorts Welcome Michelin Star Japanese Chef Hal Yamashita for dinners, cooking classes & Sake-Whisky tastings, May 13-17, 2015.
- “Interior Journey” – a Painting Exhibition by I Made Mangku Mahendra at The Pullman Legian Nirwana through May 17, 2015.
- “Women in Love” Painting Exhibition by Teguh Ritma Iman at Ganesha Gallery through May 14, 2015.
- Rotary Club of Bali Seminyak ‘Bali will Rock like Broadway’ on Friday, April 10, 2015.
- Bali and Beyond Travel Fair, June 10-14, 2015.
- Balinale – Bali International Film Festival – the 9th Edition, September 24-30, 2015.
- 4th BII Maybank Bali International Marathon, on Sunday, August 30, 2015.
- Seven Star Global Luxury Awards in Bali on September 19, 2015. Be sure to vote!
- International (ICEVI) Conference on Education for the Visually Impaired in Bali, September 28-October 1, 2015.
- World Congress of Consuls in Bali, October 15-18, 2015.
- 2015 Herbalife Bali International Triathlon on October 25, 2015.
Om Çanti Çanti Çanti Om ...
Editor Bali Update
Bali Discovery Tours
Editor Bali Update
Bali Discovery Tours