Leading the news this week: Two deaths - apparently due to natural causes, are reported at hotels in Ubud and Kuta. Immigration officials have taken 47 Mainland Chinese and one Taiwanese into custody for visa violations after a raid at an illegal on-line gambling center in Jimbaran. The extradition of a U.S. policeman wanted in a Texas murder case has been delayed for five days. A member of the Pemecutan (Denpasar) Royal Household is to begin serving a 2.5 years prison sentence in for fraud and embezzlement. And, five dogs confiscated while being smuggled into Bali at Gilimanuk last week, are now facing possible elimination.
In other news, Bali's Water Sports Association complains to immigration officials that many foreigners are working illegally as guides and dive masters in northeast Bali.
Changing weather patterns worldwide and El Niño are causing concern that Bali may be facing an extended drought lasting through the end of this year.
There's more confusion on evolving plans to change the rules on foreigners owning land in Indonesia as the government says it will forbid foreigners from renting out their properties and require that foreigner hold residency permits for the duration of any land ownership.
Indonesia's attention is increasingly focused on the surrounding oceans. The Coordinating Minister for Marine Affairs wants artificial reefs to be grown to supplement fish stocks and to cause any invading foreign ships to run aground. Meanwhile, the Transportation Minister has invited Indonesian ship owners to operate cruise ships in Eastern Indonesia.
A former Balinese lawmaker has proposed the idea of building a 5-kilomter long elevated highway through the heart of Kuta atop the riverbed of the Tukad Mati River.
And, in an effort to promote foreign investment, President Joko Widodo axes a rule to require foreign workers in Indonesia to prove a proficiency in Indonesian.
Hotel News: Badung regency officials are proving reluctant to impose sanctions on Sawangan Beach luxury hotels accused of violating zoning and building codes. While Trump Hotels sign a management agreement with the MNC Group to manage a hotel, golf and private residence complex at Tanah Lot.
Aviation News: The Indonesian Government is seeking ways to reduce greenhouse gas emission from its national airline sector. And, a number of government agencies declare that volcanic ash form Mt. Raung no longer poses a threat to commercial aviation.
Organizers of the 2015 HERBALIFE Bali International Triathlon announces that motorists detouring around the race on Sunday, October 25, 2015 on the Bali Mandara Toll Road will be exempt from having to pay toll fees.
- 10th Sanur Village Festival August 26-20, 2015.
- 4th BII Maybank Bali International Marathon, on Sunday, August 30, 2015.
- Bali Beach Run Returns to Bali on Sunday, September 6, 2015.
- ASEAN Beach Wrestling Tournament in Bali September 18-19, 2015.
- Seven Star Global Luxury Awards in Bali on September 19, 2015. Be sure to vote!
- Ties & Tiaras' - a Night with 10 Finalists of the Miss Bali Tropix Pageant September 26, 2015 at Trans Resort Bali
- Cathay Pacific Bali Reunion September 24-27, 2015.
- International (ICEVI) Conference on Education for the Visually Impaired in Bali, September 28-October 1, 2015.
- Citra Scholastika & Bastian Steel perform for children's charities at The Westin Nusa Dua Bali on October 16, 2015.
- World Congress of Consuls in Bali, October 15-18, 2015.
- 2015 Herbalife Bali International Triathlon on October 25, 2015
- Ubud Writers and Readers Festival October 28 – November 1, 2015
- 4th International Conference on Family Planning November 9-12, 2015.
- Asian Heritage Network to Meet in Denpasar and Yogyakarta January 8-12, 2016.
Om Çanti Çanti Çanti Om ...
Editor Bali Update
Bali Discovery Tours
Editor Bali Update
Bali Discovery Tours