Three Internationa Navy Ships Of Interest.
1) USS RONALD REAGAN (US NAVY)
Seeing it next to the Arizona Memorial really puts its size into perspective..... ENORMOUS!
When the Bridge pipes 'Man the Rail' there is a lot of rail to man on this monster: shoulder to shoulder, around 4.5 acres.
Her displacement is about 100,000 tons with full complement.
Top speed exceeds 30 knots, powered by two nuclear reactors that can operate for more than 20 years without re-fuelling.
1. Expected to operate in the fleet for about 50 years.
2. Carries over 80 combat aircraft.
3. Three arresting cables can stop a 28-ton aircraft going 150 miles per hour in less than 400 feet.
1. Towers 20 stories above the waterline.
2. 1092 feet long; nearly as long as the Empire State Building is tall.
3. Flight deck covers 4.5 acres.
4. 4 bronze propellers, each 21 feet across, weighing 66,200 pounds.
5. 2 rudders, each 29 by 22 feet and weighing 50 tons.
6. 4 high speed aircraft elevators, each over 4,000 square feet.
1. Home to about 6,000 Navy personnel.
2. Carries enough food and supplies to operate for 90 days.
3. 18,150 meals served daily.
4. Distillation plants provide 400,000 gallons of fresh water from sea water daily, enough for 2,000 homes.
5. Nearly 30,000 light fixtures and 1,325 miles of cable and wiring, 1,400 telephones.
6. 14,000 pillowcases and 28,000 sheets are carried.
2)HMAS KEVIN RUDD (AUSTRALIAN NAVY)
The HMAS KEVIN RUDD sets sail today from it's home port of Brisbane.
This ship is the first of its kind in the Navy and is a standing legacy to Ex PM Kevin Rudd 'for his foresight in military budget cuts' and his conduct while holding the (formerly dignified) office of Prime Minister.
The ship is constructed entirely from recycled aluminium cans collected by The Greens and is completely solar powered with a top speed of 5 knots. It boasts an arsenal comprising of one (unarmed) F18 Hornet aircraft which, although it cannot be launched on the 100 foot flight deck, forms a very menacing deterrent to recreational fishermen on Morton Bay.
As a standing order, there are no firearms allowed on board.
This crew, like the crew aboard the HMAS JULIA GILLARD, is specially trained to avoid conflict and to appease illegal immigrants and enemies of Australia at all costs.
An onboard Type One Universal Interpretor, can send out messages of apology in any language to anyone who may find Australia offensive. The number of apologies are limitless and though some may seem hollow a nd disingenuous, the Navy advises all apologies will sound very sincere.
In times of conflict, the HMAS KEVIN RUDD has orders to seek refuge at Christmas Island ..
3)HMAS JULIA GILLARD (AUSTRALIAN NAVY )
This ship will be used to ferry illegal immigrants across the Arafura Sea from Indonesia to Australia in time to pick up their welfare cheques from the Labor Government each month as advance payment for their democratic vote once they become Australian citizens.
Details of the specifications of the HMAS Julia Gillard are in line with her namesake's economic policies, very rusty, full of holes and a total mystery.
But don't worry....Admiral Swan is formulating yet another plan!