BALI – Latest Updates...Om Swastiastu ...
All eyes are on Jimbaran and Nusa Dua where next Sunday, October 25th, the 8th Herbalife Bali International Triathlon will be held. If you’re not racing, come along to the InterContinental Bali Resort on Sunday morning to join the race day fun and entertainment.
Last week, Bali marked the 13th anniversary of the 2002 terrorist Bali bombing with a solemn ceremony at “Ground Zero” in Kuta.
In other news: Fire has destroyed a hotel project in North Bali at Baturiti. Indonesia is extraditing a Bulgarian back to Bali in connection with widespread ATM card fraud inflicted on holidaymakers. The man found guilty of stabbing to death an American expatriate in Denpasar in February 2014 has himself, in turn, been stabbed to death at Bali’s Kerobokan prison. A 14 year-old Balinese boy performing in a traditional dance performance has apparently died from stab wound suffered in a staged fight scene. Governor Pastika has delivered an angry rebuke to a local public forum organizer for failing to clean up after a recent event. Restaurants and bars in the Sanur area of Bali are accused of usurping sidewalks and roadways for the private use of their business. And, hundreds of households in South Bali have been without water for months.
The Head of Bali’s Hotel and Restaurant Association has spoken up calling for the government to extend visa-free status to Australians.
A trio of female runners have embarked on 535-kilometer circumnavigation run of Bali.
We have several articles on Bali branding, including an earnest proposal from a Bali lawmaker to adopt the semantically awkward “Endless of Unique” as the Island’s new branding.
The Bali Humanity Care Foundation (YPK) recently organized an outing for a group of handicapped children and their families to the Bedugul Botanical Gardens,
Hotel and Restaurant News: InterContinental Bali Resort hosts four days of gastronomic dinners and cooking classes with Michelin-starred chef Massimo Mantarro November 4-8, 2015. Bali’s Chief of Police promises the Chamber of Commerce that his officers will move against illegal villas. A U.K. writer discovers peace and harmony at the Bali Four Seasons Resort. Wyndham Hotels to open an Apartment-Villa complex in Bali in 2016. And, Bali Update pays a delicious visit to the Cuca Restaurant on Bali’s Jimbaran Beach.
Aviation News: A Jetstar flight from Bali to Perth made an emergency landing in Western Australia last week when a brake warning light malfunctioned. And, Singapore Airlines will resume non-stop flights from Singapore to Los Angeles and New York in 2016.
Indonesia’s Tourism Minister promises major changes in visa and shipping policies will spur tourism growth.
The Indonesian Chamber of Commerce has promised ASITA to cooperate in moves against illegal tour operators in Bali.
The international drivers' network WAZE has named Bali among the world’s worst places to drive.
In our 17th year of publication and as we near the 1,000 edition of Bali Update, we ask your support in advertising on Bali Update and www.balidiscovery.com
- Pearls of North Bali – an exhibition in the Lobby of the Conrad Bali Resort through January 10, 2016.
- ‘Human Roots’- an Exhibition of Wood Sculptures by Mickael Obrenovitch at the Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua through December 4, 2015
- ASEAN Senior Law Officials – ASLOM Meet in Bali October 18-22, 2015.
- Pink Ribbon Gala Fund Raising Dinner at The Trans Resort Bali - Friday, October 23, 2015
- 2015 Herbalife Bali International Triathlon on October 25, 2015.
- 15th Edition of the Rock ‘n Run at Hard Rock Bali Hotel on Sunday. November 1, 2015.
- Ubud Writers and Readers Festival October 28 - November 1, 2015
- 4th International Conference on Family Planning November 9-12, 2015.
- ‘Bali Carnaval’ and Wedding Exhibition November 12-15, 2015
- Asian Heritage Network to Meet in Denpasar and Yogyakarta January 8-12, 2016.
- 2016 Interhash Run in Bali May 19-22, 2016.
Om Çanti Çanti Çanti Om ...
Editor Bali Update
Bali Discovery Tours
Editor Bali Update
Bali Discovery Tours