Monday, May 30, 2011
BALI Latest Updates
Om Swastiastu ...read the full report at http://www.balidiscovery.com/update/update768.asp
The Non-Aligned Movement conference was opened by President Yudhoyono in Bali this past week. Find out why the President is taking "heat" for opening that event in the English language.
Rabies is back in the news with officials admitting the soonest Bali can now be certified "rabies free" is 2015. On the bright side, new cases of rabies and dog bites against humans are on thr decline.
Two Central Java lawmakers caught with drugs in a Bali hotel are now on trial, facing the possibility of 15 years in prison.And, a Chinese tourist dies in a rafting accident in Bali.
Governor Pastika discusses the possibility of standing for reelection in 2013. Also on the political front, there’s news that President Barack Obama may be Bali bound this November.
Development news sees Bali’s regents and mayors continuing to reject the implementation of the new zoning law. We also look at the "soft" commencement of a cross-island public bus system planned for June.
Hotel news includes a Green Globe certification for the Anantara Resort and the appointment of a new general Manager for the Aston Bali Beach Resort. Illegal villas are back in the news with the regent of Badung demanding the names of illegal hotels and villas be published. Meanwhile, lawmakers think the only solution for the illegal Best Western Kuta is to tear that hotel down.
We've got a story of three men starting a 550 km barefoot-walk around Bali to raise awareness and money for Indonesian street children. There’s a new "Museum of Marketing" now open in Ubud. And we share information on a book in praise of Balinese religious offerings.
Bali now has its first Search and Rescue Helicopter.
• "Regalia – The Enchanted Forest" premieres on Saturday, June 4, 2011 and commences performances every Thursday, Friday at Saturday -starting on June 9th. Click Here
• A Night in Tuscany with fine Italian wine and delicious cuisine from the Mozaic Bali in Ubud on June 4th. Click Here
• Shakespeare by the Sea – "The Tempest" at the Bloo Lagoon Villas in Padang Bai on June 5th. Click Here
• Come join the Cabaret organized by the Bali Bash on behalf of South Australian and Bali charities on Friday, June 11th. Tickets are still available. Click Here
• Bali International Women's Association (BIWA) Bazaar is Sunday, June 12, 2011.
• BIZNET Bali International Triathlon on Sunday, June 26, 2011 www.balitriathlon.com
Readers in Bali and Australia - we're offering free transfers to anywhere in Bali when you purchase your flights on Virgin Blue from Bali Discovery.
Om Çanti Çanti Çanti Om ...
J.M. Daniels - Bali Update
Bali Discovery Tours
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment