BALI – Latest Updates...Om Swastiastu ...
Leading the news this week: At least 25 people hospitalized in Bali and Lombok following an explosion and fire on a Lombok to Bali fast ferry last Friday. Deaths attributed the dengue fever have more than doubled in the first half of 2015. The death of a teenager in Bali brings to 9 the number of deaths this year linked to dog bites. Thousand of liters of flavored alcohol have been seized from the beleaguered Sky Garden in Kuta. A food stall operator in Ketewel is under arrest for trading in protected green turtle meat. Immigration authorities are holding 36 Chinese and Taiwanese nationals suspected of committing cyber-crime from a villa in Bali. And, Ubud authorities are conducting enforcement raids on restaurants and bars playing live music far into the said to be disturbing the night’s rest of local residents.
Indonesia child protection workers are calling for heavier sentences for child molesters, including chemical castration.
Be sure to read the latest installment of “Bali by the Numbers” covering foreign arrivals through the end of April. Will Bali achieve 4.3 million visitors in 2015?
Tourism operators at Menjangan Island in North Bali win a “show down” with West Bali National Park officials who have postponed indefinitely plans to introduce a ten-fold increase in admission fees for foreign visitors to the island.
As a follow up to our earlier coverage, Ku De Ta Singapore has changed its name after a Singapore Court ruling that that brand belongs to the operators of Ku De Ta in Bali.
Aviation News: Emirates Airline has commenced daily flights between Dubai and Bali. Air Timor has leased an aircraft from Garuda subsidiary Citilink to fly between Bali and Dili. Complaints have emerged (again) about high taxi fares, poor service and legality of the Ngurah Rai Airport tax Cooperative. And, Bali’s Airport carries a record number of passengers through the end of April.
Hotel News: Badung officials have officially closed and sealed The Crystal on the Bay Bali Hotel Project. InterContinental Bali Resort welcomes a new resort manager. Le Meridien Jimbaran throw a party to celebrate its 2nd anniversary. Veteran Bali hotelier Gde Parmita has joined The Trans Resort in Bali as director of sales and marketing. And, right next door to Hard Rock Hotel Bali, Jamie’s Italian Kuta Beach has opened for business.
More than six months into the Joko Widodo's administration, the Ministry of Tourism has announced its line-up of top officials. See "who’s who" in this week’s Update.
Bali’s Governor announces his desire to use solar power for provincial offices and vehicles. Bapak Pastika also provide some sharp criticism and pointers for the 37th Bali Arts Festival.
Rules on minimal educational requirements for foreign worker are causing headaches in some sectors of the Indonesian economy.
The Bali Safari and Marine Park marks World Environment Day reminding us that it is a small world after all.
Bali to host World Seaport Conference May 7-12, 2017
Two Islands introduces it latest Bali-made Wine: Pinot Noir
- A Michelin-Starred Indian Chef in a One-Day Only Appearance at the Alila Villa Soori in West Bali on Saturday, June 13, 2015.
- Conrad Bali Living Lobby Art Exhibition features wayang puppets through June 30, 2015.
- Bali and Beyond Travel Fair, June 10-14, 2015.
- 7th International Body Music Festival (IBMF) in Bali, Indonesia, July 3-12, 2015.
- Bali Unite – a 3-Day Festival of Music, Arts, Wellness, Food & Drink in Karangasem July 31- August 2, 2105.
- Balinale – Bali International Film Festival – the 9th Edition, September 24-30, 2015.
- 4th BII Maybank Bali International Marathon, on Sunday, August 30, 2015.
- ASEAN Beach Wrestling Tournament in Bali September 18-19, 2015.
- Seven Star Global Luxury Awards in Bali on September 19, 2015. Be sure to vote!
- International (ICEVI) Conference on Education for the Visually Impaired in Bali, September 28-October 1, 2015.
- World Congress of Consuls in Bali, October 15-18, 2015.
- 2015 Herbalife Bali International Triathlon on October 25, 2015.
- 4th International Conference on Family Planning November 9-12, 2015.
Om Çanti Çanti Çanti Om ...
Editor Bali Update
Bali Discovery Tours
Editor Bali Update
Bali Discovery Tours
Post a Comment