Monday, September 13, 2010
Latest Bali Updates
Om Swastiastu ...
For the full report go to: http://www.balidiscovery.com/update/update731.asp
The Lebaran Holidays are still in full swing in Indonesia. As a result, Bali hotels are full and our roads are jammed – at least for most of the coming week.
Our news beat this week: Bali's governor says "no means no" to geothermal energy in Bali; a South Korean diver drowns off Tanjung Benoa; Garuda is said to be seeking to dump its low-cost subsidiary Citilink; the former Regent of Gianyar and his wife are washed out to sea during a morning walk; and airlines add new domestic routes from Bali.
Other news includes the arrest of an Italian and a group of men suspected of stealing sacred objects from temples across Bali; Denpasar officials seal several businesses, including a new hotel project in Sanur; and Tommy Suharto sues Garuda for unkind remarks in their in-flight magazine.
Coming events in Bali:
• Oscar Pasinato cooks at Dava at Ayana Resort September 18-24, 2010
• Mount Langi Ghiran Wines at a special dinner at the Conrad Resort on September 20, 2010.
• Oktoberfest comes to the Kartika Plaza September 24-26, 2010.
• Gay and Lesbian Films in Bali at Q!Film Festival October 13-17, 2010.
• Bali Triathlon 2011 on June 26, 2010.
We also provide a look at our mailbag in the latest installment of "We Get Mail."
All this, and more, in this edition of Bali Update.
Om Çanti Çanti Çanti Om ...
J.M. Daniels - Bali Update
Bali Discovery Tours