Monday, January 30, 2012
BALI Latest Updates Om Swastiastu ...
Selamat Hari Galungan - it's a festive and wonderful time on the Balinese Calendar to be on the island.
Rabies is back in the news. Against the backdrop of Bali health officials lifting the "rabies alert" due to reduced rates of contagion, Bali records its first rabbies fatality of the year.
The weather has been atrocious in Bali over the last week causing deaths, floods, landslides, port closures and power outages. We have a round-up on the weather and its after effects.
We've got reports on bureaucratic problems with Chinese visitors trying to holiday in Bali; increasing price for a liquor license in Bali; new regulations being drafted for Bali tattoo parlors to help control blood-borne diseases; and an accident at the water sports area of Tanjung Benoa.
Indonesia is also looking at building a super-fast train across the the island of Java.
In development news we have several articles on agriculture and rice production, including new proposed rules to preserve agricultural lands.
Bali's Elephant Park at Taro will soon welcome two new elephants purchased in Singapore. Find out more in this week's update.
Aviation news reports on Garuda's cut back of flights to Amsterdam as the European travel picture looks increasingly dim; Garuda is awaiting a response to their request to be allowed to build a dedicate terminal in Bali; and a Trans Nusa flight bound for Bali bursts a tire at Ende (Flores).
We've got an update on renovations at Bali's iconic Nusa Dua Beach Resort and Spa as it approaches its 30th birthday and a list of Gay Bars concentrated on one street in Seminyak
• See the complete schedule of free Friday Sanur Films Nights.
• Follow the Path of Dharma in Ubud on February 4-5, 2012
• Michelin Chef Marcello Fabbri in Residence at St. Regis Bali February 18-22, 2012
• Exhibition of Painting by 7 Indonesian Artists at TAKSU Gallery Through February 16, 2012
• Bali Spirit sponsors a free concert in downtown Ubud on February 8, 2012 to encourage a continuing dialogue on HIV/AIDS in Bali.
• Join the great Chili Cook Off set to start in Ubud on February 19,
• 3 Dimensions of asie.one at the Ganesha Galleru February 9 – April 2, 2012
• Grey Line – Dance and Art meet at the Gaya Art Space in Ubud February 4-March 4, 2012.
• Australian culinary celebrity Tony Bilson appears at the InterContinental Bali February 17-19, 2012
• BII Maybank Bali Marathon on Sunday, April 22, 2012
• The 6th Annual BIZNET Bali International Triathlon returns on June 26, 2012. www.balitriathlon.com
See the exciting video clip on "Devdan – Treasures of the Archipelago" - the latest breathtaking theatrical show opening the Nusa Dua Theatre.
Keep the news coming and advertise your products on Bali Discovery and Bali Update
Support the advertisers who make Bali Update possible.
Contact Bali Discovery for assistance in finding accommodation in Bali over the coming holiday season.
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/BaliUpdateEd
Om Çanti Çanti Çanti Om ...
J.M. Daniels, Editor
Bali Discovery Tours
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment