Monday, August 15, 2011
BALI latest updates
Om Swastiastu ...full report at http://www.balidiscovery.com/update/update779.asp
In the news this week . . .the skeletal remains of a missing Chinese trekker have been found on Lombok's Mt. Rinjani; the U.N. names Indonesia as "most at risk" to tsunamis; Bali police have outlawed most fireworks and firecrackers over the coming Lebaran Holidays; and some U.K. holidaymakers choose to stay in Bali until social unrest abates back home.
Development news includes the discovery that the new Sarbagita buses for Bali may be too wide to negotiate the island's narrow roadways; a large sewerage filtration and purification system has been installed to make more desperately needed water for Bali; protestors employ "street theatre" to oppose the Bali International Park project; and Bali is becoming the island of "turtle rescue" as hatchlings are returned to the oceans in several areas.
Garuda is spending US$2.18 Billion on new Airbus planes.
On the hotel beat: we welcome a new Chef de Cuisine at the AYANA Resort and Spa Bali and pause for lunch at the W Bali Seminyak Retreat & Spa Starfish Bloo restaurant.
Lonely Planet Guide lists 25 "Must Do" activities for Bali and Lombok. We've got the list and the link.
We publish a list of international performers coming to Indonesia over the coming months:
• Nyoman Suarnata's "Deadline" - an exhibition of paintings at Adi's Gallery in Ubud through August 28, 2011. Read More...
• "My World" an exhibition of statues and painting by Daniel Kho at Gaya Art Space Ubud through September 13th
• August 26th at the St. Regis Bali – Enjoy six-courses of outstanding cuisine paired with the South Australian wines of Peter Lehmann.
• September 6 Street Marching Competition to Commemorate the 105th Anniversary of the Puputan Badung.
• September 23rd cocktails and dinner at the Warisan Restaurant in Seminyak to assist the handicapped children of YPAC.
• October 12th – join a unique cruise to East Bali on the Bali Hai II for a unique perspective on the island's rich culture. Read More...
See the exciting video clip on "Devdan – Treasures of the Archipelago" - the latest breathtaking theatrical show opening the Nusa Dua Theatre.
August 17th is Indonesian Independence Day – Sekali Merdeka, Tetap Merdeka!
Om Çanti Çanti Çanti Om ...
J.M. Daniels - Bali Update
Bali Discovery Tours
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment