Monday, June 6, 2011
BALI Latest Updates
Om Swastiastu ...
Read the full report at: http://www.balidiscovery.com/update/update769.asp
News this week include the ongoing zoning dispute over the Beach World Club at Nusa Dua; the continuing crackdown on illegal taxis; plans to take decisive action against “head hunters” preying on Bali’s Chinese visitors; Tabanan's Regent under fire for plans to sell the black sands of Bali’s beaches to mining interests; and a court case over the rights to use Bali's iconic “Ku De Ta” brand in Singapore.
Celebrity sighting: Rock-pop idol Nick Jonas in Bali with Australian singer-composer Delta Goodrem, in town to make beautiful music together.
We crunch the tourist numbers via "Bali by the Numbers" looking at arrivals through April 2011. There’s also information on national tourism arrivals up 7.32%.
Development news has a warning that Bali’s development planning must be more focused on culture and not merely on growing the number of hotels; and criticism from international cruise operators that Bali's ports are falling short in serving visiting cruise ships.
Bali Hotels Association is busy making a difference via a busy program of outreach programs and the heartening news that substantial funds have been raised for Bali’s children at the just completed 20th Annual Rotary Club Nusa Dua Charity Tennis Tournament.
Governor Pastika has had another busy week. He personally releasrd rare Bali Starlings into the West Bali National Park and agreed with Australia to establish emergency contingency plans for the island.
Missing Bali? Read how Sourcing Bali can help you transform your home anywhere in the world with Bali-made furniture and interior furnishings.
Find out why giving Bali monkey’s peanuts is no longer allowed in Ubud.
If you’re flying from Bali to Australia or Australia to Bali - we're here to help with outstanding air offers from Virgin Australia.
• Regalia – The Enchanted Forest" premiered last week. We have a film clip. There are performances every Thursday, Friday at Saturday Click Here
• Come join the Cabaret organized by the Bali Bash on behalf of South Australian and Bali charities on Friday, June 11th. Tickets are still available. Click Here
• Shakespeare by the Sea - "The Tempest." We've got news of two additional performances at the Mercure Sanur Resort on June 10-11, 2011.Click Here
• Rock the Race” with a special post race cocktail party at The AYANA Bali Resort and Spa on June 26 Click here
• Tourist Sites” – a painting exhibition by I Made Duatmika at The Ganesha Galleries June 30 – August 1, 2011.
Om Çanti Çanti Çanti Om ...
J.M. Daniels - Bali Update
Bali Discovery Tours